Our group has an exceptionally diverse research portfolio, ranging from methodological developments in organocatalysis, through heterocyclic and medicinal chemistry, to the total synthesis of biologically active natural products. This facilitates a highly interdisciplinary attitude towards the chemical sciences, interconnecting in our researches the different areas of organic chemistry, but also the fields of molecular biology and material sciences.
Main Research Focuses
- The research and development of novel catalytic systems based on frustrated Lewis pairs
- The development of bifunctional organocatalysts and their application in asymmetric syntheses
- Total synthesis of monoterpene indole alkaloids
- Studying of strained heterocyclic compounds
- The development of new methods of activation in organic syntheses using both catalytic and stoichiometric settings